David H. Lord
1255 Hastings Ranch Dr,
Pasadena, CA. 91107
David Lord- Tile Contractor Inc. established 1997 on doorstep of booming construction industry in the Colorado’s Ski Resorts and Ranch communities, after two successful decades of projects was made the big move to the beautiful Santa Monica. I’m looking forward to expanding my horizons within California’s building industries by securing a position that will utilizes my many skills and years of experience.
1997- Present Owner/ President David Lord- Tile Contractor, Inc.
Responsible for the all aspects operating a tile sub-contracting business including:
- C-54 Tile Contractor– CSLB License # 983081 active RMO: David Lord, bonded and insured.
- Construction Office Management – proficiently managing all billing, bookkeeping, accounts payable/receivable, payroll, insurance and tax compliance associate with running a construction business.
- Marketing and Customer Relations– attracting new clients through multiple marketing strategies: mailers, managing a well trafficked website, and punctual fielding of all incoming calls personally.
- Competitive Estimating– accurate blue print and material take-offs, complete knowledge of the tile and stone market and the added benefit of long term relationships with multiple wholesale suppliers to guarantee optimal pricing for the customer.
- Tile Design– 20+ years of collaboration with interior designers, tile manufacturers, builders and customers. This has generated a wealth of new ideas for my portfolio, including innovative layouts, styles and material selections.
- Employee/Subcontractor Management– Colorado’s only 4 year NTCA apprenticeship program focused on ANSI specifications and TCA methods.
- Safety Coordinator– creation and implementation of a comprehensive tile specific safety policy upholding professionalism and safety on all jobsites.
- Residential and Commercial Construction Site Management– coordinating dependable daily communication between the General Contractor and other trades. Maintaining a daily production schedule including “job costing” to improve efficiency and productivity, focusing on bringing every job in on schedule and within budget.
- Inspections and Standards– Applying a lateral thinking approach to training with each Apprentice, Installer and Field Supervisor and a strict adherence to a “never settle attitude”, has completely eliminated call backs.
2002-2011- Protecto Wrap Co. Denver, CO. 800-759-9727 Jack Hopkins, CEO
Technical Consultant and Field Testing- Job-site and Factory testing of new products lines, including their liquid applied Crack Isolation Membrane and In-floor Radiant Heating system. We had the exclusive opportunity to provide input in the development, design and operation of these systems.
2010-2011- Protecto Wrap Co. Denver, CO. 800-759-9727 Jack Hopkins, CEO
Independent Sales Rep. Flooring Division- Sales representative to Capco Tile and Stone providing sales support and training to tile contractors throughout Colorado.
George Mason University, Fairfax VA.
Colorado Mountain College, Breckenridge, CO
1998-2011Industry TrainingNational Tile Contractors Association, Jackson, MS.
Coverings/Surfaces2012-2013Contractors LicenseCSLB C-54 Tile Contractor #983081
Trade Skills and Experience
|C-54 Contractor||Slab & Concrete Countertops||Complete Remodels|
|Estimator||Mosaic Fabrication & Installation||Trim & Framing Carpentry|
|Jobsite Supervisor||Showroom Tile Sale||Painting and Drywall|
|Tile Layout and Design||Independent Manufacturer’s Rep.||Electrical and Plumbing|