David H. Lord
1255 Hastings Ranch Dr,
Pasadena, CA. 91107
1997- Present Owner/ President David Lord- Tile Contractor, Inc.
Responsible for the all aspects operating a tile sub-contracting business including:
- C-54 Tile Contractor– CSLB License # 983081 active RMO: David Lord, bonded and insured.
- Construction Office Management – proficiently managing all billing, bookkeeping, accounts payable/receivable, payroll, insurance and tax compliance associate with running a construction business.
- Marketing and Customer Relations– attracting new clients through multiple marketing strategies: mailers, managing a well trafficked website, and punctual fielding of all incoming calls personally.
- Competitive Estimating– accurate blue print and material take-offs, complete knowledge of the tile and stone market and the added benefit of long term relationships with multiple wholesale suppliers to guarantee optimal pricing for the customer.
- Tile Design– 20+ years of collaboration with interior designers, tile manufacturers, builders and customers. This has generated a wealth of new ideas for my portfolio, including innovative layouts, styles and material selections.
- Employee/Subcontractor Management– Colorado’s only 4 year NTCA apprenticeship program focused on ANSI specifications and TCA methods.
- Safety Coordinator– creation and implementation of a comprehensive tile specific safety policy upholding professionalism and safety on all jobsites.
- Residential and Commercial Construction Site Management– coordinating dependable daily communication between the General Contractor and other trades. Maintaining a daily production schedule including “job costing” to improve efficiency and productivity, focusing on bringing every job in on schedule and within budget.
- Inspections and Standards– Applying a lateral thinking approach to training with each Apprentice, Installer and Field Supervisor and a strict adherence to a “never settle attitude”, has completely eliminated call backs.
2002-2011- Protecto Wrap Co. Denver, CO. 800-759-9727 Jack Hopkins, CEO
Technical Consultant and Field Testing- Job-site and Factory testing of new products lines, including their liquid applied Crack Isolation Membrane and In-floor Radiant Heating system. We had the exclusive opportunity to provide input in the development, design and operation of these systems.
2010-2011- Protecto Wrap Co. Denver, CO. 800-759-9727 Jack Hopkins, CEO
Independent Sales Rep. Flooring Division- Sales representative to Capco Tile and Stone providing sales support and training to tile contractors throughout Colorado.
George Mason University, Fairfax VA.
Colorado Mountain College, Breckenridge, CO
1998-2011 Industry Training National Tile Contractors Association, Jackson, MS.
Coverings/Surfaces 2012-2013 Contractors
License CSLB C-54 Tile Contractor #983081
Trade Skills and Experience
|C-54 Contractor||Slab & Concrete Countertops||Complete Remodels|
|Estimator||Mosaic Fabrication & Installation||Trim & Framing Carpentry|
|Jobsite Supervisor||Showroom Tile Sale||Painting and Drywall|
|Tile Layout and Design||Independent Manufacturer’s Rep.||Electrical and Plumbing|